Georgian Villas Inc. operating as Cobble Beach Golf Resort Community contracts out its homebuilding to Berner Contracting which is a design/build custom home building operation that has specialized in constructing custom homes and cottages throughout Grey and Bruce communities since 1985.
Berner Contracting is a reputable and long standing member of the Ontario and Canadian Home Builders Associations. Berner Contracting is a proud family business owned and operated by myself, Mark Berner and my wife, Shelley Berner. Our son, Jason, and my brothers, Brad and Paul also work for Berner Contracting to uphold high standards of excellence. Beyond our family members, we are proud to say that many of our tradesmen who start with us as carpenter helpers continue to pursue the trade with the Ontario Apprenticeship Training Program and become certified general carpenters.
The complement of the family run business and its connections through a love for home building creates a highly efficient and effective organization that ensures projects have the close supervision of a Berner Contracting crew who deliver the utmost quality, craftsmanship, and workmanship. Berner Contracting is unique in that it employs our own certified tradesmen to frame, trim, insulate, and install exterior finishes such as siding, decking, soffit, and fascia while we have an excellent working relationship with all of our certified sub trades.
Berner Contracting can design your dream home to reflect what is important to you and your family. Your individual needs are our priority. Alternatively, we can build your family's home by using your plans and incorporate specifications into the design and aid in the planning of your project. A complete quotation will be presented to you for your consideration at no charge.
We thank you for taking the time to research our company and Cobble Beach and hope that as you pursue your dreams of a new family home, cottage or renovation that you will invite our family to work with yours at Cobble Beach.
We have had the privilege of working with families to construct over 300 custom homes and cottages and have maintained an excellent Tarion warranty rating throughout. In addition to custom home building, Berner Contracting does extensive renovations to residences and light commercial work.- Mark Berner, Berner Contracting owner/operator
Built on a solid reputation of quality, integrity and service, Reid's Heritage Homes is one of Ontario's leading builders, with a history of homebuilding that goes back to 1947. The same enduring values that motivated our founder Orin Reid, inspire our many diverse communities today.
For over 30 years, Reid's Heritage Homes has proudly developed homes ranging from single detached homes; mid-rise condos; two-storey, executive and bungalow townhomes; to custom estates and active adult communities. In every home we build, our commitment to excellence is defined by our LiveWISE™ program, which underlines our award-winning emphasis on top quality, satisfied customers, environmental responsibility, superior service, exceptional design, and the creation of vibrant neighbourhoods. Our dedication to our values and traditions has established us as an award winning developer, with accolades including Ontario Home Builder of the Year 2013 from the Ontario Home Builders' Association and one of the Top 50 Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2014.Awards of Excellence
- National Home Builders Association 2010 - Silver Award - Community of the Year for Lora Bay
- AVID Award 2010 - Sherwood Homes - Best Customer Experience in Ontario
- AVID Award 2010 - Sherwood Homes - Best Customer Experience in Canada
- AVID Award 2010 - Sherwood Homes - Best Customer Experience in North America (Less than 49 closings in)
- GDHBA Award of Distinction 2010- Project of the Year for Village by the Arboretum
- WRHBA Awards of Distinction 2010 awarded Built Green Award for Islington model in Eby Estates
- Ontariogreenspec.com, Home Sweet Home Competition 2009 Best Production Built Home
- OHBA Awards of Distinction 2009 awarded Most Outstanding Production Built Home – two storey 2500 sqft. and over for The Residences of Cobble Beach – "The Winthrop"
- GDHBA Award of Distinction 2009 awarded Best Build Green Project for Westminster Woods
- GDHBA Award of Distinction 2009 awarded Best High Density Home Plan Multi Family for Trafalgar Court in Westminster Woods GDHBA Award of Distinction 2009 awarded Best in Innovation for Westminster Woods